Pages

4.30.2012

Deception

For Feminist Theories, we were asked to collect images that inspired us and create a collage, video, or other project to display our collection. Now, some years ago I simply loved making collages. I think I got pretty good at them too. But I haven't made any in a few years. So, I certainly considered making one again for class, but I don't really have a lot of images on hand that are inspiring to my Feminist Self, so, I decided to try a Youtube video.

Last week I was listening to The Crüxshadows, a band whose lyrics, lead singer, and violins I simply love, and I knew I heard the right song. My video addresses women's pain and isolation as a whole, but the heart of the video is most specifically about my desire to know more about my Heavenly Mother. My religion teaches that our spirits are literal offspring of Heavenly Parents. While Heavenly Father has a clear doctrinal position as God whom we worship, pray to, make covenants to, and whom we are commanded to learn of, and love, our Heavenly Mother is an almost entirely absent figure in doctrine. I don't know the reason, but I wish for the day when we will know more. I truly, truly do. I don't think it is an unrighteous desire, or an insignificant pang.


2 comments:

  1. Feathie, your desire to know about your Heavenly Mother is honest and perfectly justified. Maybe your quest in Mormonism is to explore this heart felt desire and encourage other women to do the same. I'm thinking about the LGBTQA students at BYU that made a Youtube video expressing how much they loved the church but wanted to see more acceptance. You should do the same! This is important and I'm here to support you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! My body was shaking as I posted this, fearing that I might not get a response (but perhaps also because I'm not feeling well tonight). I appreciate your support!

      Delete